To commemorate International Women’s Day on Wednesday March 8th, 2017, Montreal-based choir Choeur Maha will perform three sets over the lunch hour. Founded and directed by longtime part-time faculty member Kathy Kennedy, the choir have been performing in the Montreal area and beyond since 1991. At the upcoming event they will be singing songs of Resilience, Empowerment and Vision. You are warmly invited to join them for one or more of their performances:
– 11:30 a.m.: LB atrium (1400 Maisonneuve Blvd W)
– 12 noon: MB atrium (1450 Guy St.)
– 12:30 p.m.: EV atrium (1515 Saint-Catherine St W)
Click here for the event details,
For more information, please visit their website at www.choeurmaha.org
– Now I Walk in Beauty, a Navajo prayer arranged by G. Smith
– Warrior, Maha’s adopted anthem written by the Wyrd Sisters
– Strong Woman Song, a resilience song written by the Anishinabe women incarcerated in the Prison for Women in the 1970’s.
Facebook page: Choeur Maha
This event is held in collaboration with the Office of Community Engagement – Concordia University.