All of the following documents are uploaded for information purposes only and do not represent professional financial advice. Members are advised to obtain profession financial advice before making financial decisions about retirement.
1. Retirement Planning for Part-time Faculty
Change the paragraph after it to read simply: This file has been updated as of 16 May 2017 .
You are encouraged to read the detailed file about how the Pension Plan for Employees of Concordia University works for part-time faculty, under Pension Information on this website.
2. Excel file for Budgeting for Retirement
This is an Excel file version of page 3 of the above document to help you budget for the future.
3. Change of Pension Plan Membership Status Form
Use this form to change your status in the Concordia Pension Plan from non-contributory to contributory and send it in well before the annual 30 November deadline to Concordia Pension Services, S-FB-1130. See page 8 about this.
4. MoneySense December 2012 article on Long-Term and Critical Illness Insurance.
See page 17 about this.
5. From RetirementAdvisor.ca Health Care Coverage in Retirement.
This article contains a helpful overview of medical insurance issues and examples of premiums for retirees. See page 19 about this.
6. Council on Aging Guide to Long-Term Care Insurance dated 2008.
See page 20 about this.
Last Updated on May 16th 2017.