Don’t miss these two important CUPFA events:
Members are advised of the following events over the next few days.
1) CUPFA members are invited to attend the Canaire Conference on Pilgrimage: The Ecstatic Journey held May 3 and 4, 2013. In conjunction with this conference, we also draw you attention to a screening of CUPFA member Matthew Anderson’s documentary film Something Grand at Friday May 3, 2013, 6:15 p.m., Room: H-767.
2) Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 4:45 p.m., Room: H-763 CUPFA Orientation on Financial Planning for Retirement
Details for these events are as follows:
1) The Loyola College for Diversity and Sustainability and the Department of Theological Studies are pleased to host a conference on Pilgrimage Studies. This conference will host members of the academic community as they exchange their views and research on the idea of pilgrimage. The two-day event will explore the many reasons why people embark in pilgrimage.
Papers on pilgrimage will be presented Friday afternoon from 3 pm on in H-767, with a keynote address by George Greenia of the Pilgrimage Institute, College of William and Mary, Williamsburg VA. In addition, CUPFA member Matthew Anderson’s documentary film, Something Grand,that chronicles the Camino de Santiago spiritual pilgrimage which members from all religious backgrounds have traversed for over a thousand years will be screened. In his documentary writer, director, and producer Matthew Anderson asks participants crossing the Pyrenees why they are setting out on this 800 km walk. The conference continues on Saturday at the Loyola Campus. For more information about the conference go to:
2) CUPFA Orientation on Financial Planning for Retirement
This is a reminder for all CUPFA members, whether you have just started teaching at Concordia or have been here for over 20 years. The sooner you plan for your retirement the less intimidating it becomes and the more successful you will be.
On 7 May 2013 at 4:45 p.m. in H-763 we will have an orientation on Financial Planning for Retirement, hosted by your Treasurer, June Riley, and Jean Freed, President of Financial Visions and another one of our members in the JMSB. There will be a presentation focusing on the three pillars of financial planning: Determining how much you will need, understanding how much you can expect from Government/Concordia Pension Plans, and planning how much you need to save. Along the way we will explain how to budget, and we will clarify the main elements of the Government and Concordia Pension Plans. After the presentation there will be questions and answers with Jean Freed to help you navigate this complex subject.
Last year’s orientation on the Concordia Pension Plan was a great success and we are looking forward to a similar turnout this time. This is a meeting for all members – not just those about to retire! Space is limited so register early.
Please RSVP to insure there is space left: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Member Meetings
- About Us
- Collective Agreement
- 12 Do’s & Don’ts
- Benefits & Services
- Teaching Resources
- Equity, Diversity, Inclusion
- Professional Development
- Pension & Financial Planning
- Contact Us